Friday, April 14, 2023

Books read in 2023: No. 12 -- The Magician's Assistant

by Ann Patchett

Started: April 2
Finished: April 14

Notes: Sometimes we pick up a book for simplistic, even silly reasons. In this case, I snagged this one because I found the title intriguing and because there's a bunny rabbit on the cover, and I'm a sucker for rabbits. It also helps that this is a female writer, and I feel I don't read enough material from women.

Mini review: A magician passes away and his widow soon finds out he has a past of which she did not know. There is more to it than this, and the relationships of this novel are more complicated than this, but to tell more might give away too much. Let's just say this is a story of family, all kinds of family, and ultimately of love. This was also something of a charming tale. I'm glad I read it. And yes, there is a house rabbit, which delighted me.

No comments: