Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Books read in 2023: No. 19 - The Book of Nahum

published by Zondervan

Started: June 21
Finished: June 21

Notes: Because of travel and other things going on with my life of late, whenever I've been between books, I've not had a Bible handy. Which is unusual since I own a dozen or more copies of the Bible. So, my Bible readings have been limited the last few months. It's time to get back to that. Oddly enough, this is perhaps the book of the Bible which I am least experienced and knowledgeable.

Mini review: This book mainly seems to be a prophecy by the prophet Nahum concerning the destruction of the Assyrian city known as Ninevah. Ninevah was eventually attacked by Babylonians, but whether one considers that prophetic would be for others to speculate.

No comments: