Monday, August 14, 2023

Beer of the Week: Samuel Smith Imperial Stout

Beer score: 9.4

Company: Samuel Smith's Brewery
ABV: 7.0
IBU: NA

This summer I've unfortunately strayed away from really good beers, so this week I had to rectify that.

And boy, did I.

This one pours nearly black with maybe a touch of crimson around the edges. A nice burnt smell and syrup coloring. While it pours, it gives off scents of dark chocolate and roasted coffee.

It has a nice, foamy head as all good stouts should.

This one is not for beginner drinkers as this has a very strong maple sweet/bitterness in the tasting. There are hints of dark fruit in the aftertaste, and there's more of that roasted coffee sensation.

One of the heaviest beers out there, so don't drink a lot of them. I mean, not unless getting drunk is your goal. Still, not the thickest stout I've run across, but darn close.

One of the best sipping beers I've had the pleasure to enjoy.

No comments: