Friday, September 08, 2023

Books read in 2023: No. 28 -- If It Bleeds

by Stephen King

Started: August 28
Finished: Sept. 8

Notes: After reading more than a few longer, heavier works, I'm in need of something light, and yes, I usually consider King relatively light reading. Also, this is a collection of four novellas, and I tend to think King's writing is at its best in shorter forms.

Mini review: Though all the stories here were written well and pretty good reads, in my opinion the best of the lot was the same name as the book itself, "If It Bleeds," another of King's Holly Gibney tales, a character of his he had made use of half a dozen or so times in recent years. And I like Holly, so there's that. My least favorite tale here was the last one, "Rat," which was okay but didn't seem so much like a Stephen King tale than it did someone trying to replicate King.

No comments: