Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Books read in 2023: No. 31 - The Gospel According to St. Matthew

published by Zondervan

Started: Oct. 6
Finished: Oct. 11

Notes: I'm glad to finally getting to the New Testament. From a narrative point of view, I find it one of the most compelling sections of the Bible. And if you're wondering about the length of the title I above gave to this book, that's the official title from my KJV, though I understand I could have abbreviated it to 'The Book of Matthew' or simply 'Matthew' or something similar.

Mini review: The longest of the Gospels, I found it interesting not only for what it said but what it did not say. For instance, while the Resurrection is detailed briefly, there is no mention of the Ascension. However, the Sermon on the Mount is laid out here fairly extensively, and a number of parables are told.

No comments: