Friday, December 08, 2023

Books read in 2023: No. 38 -- Swords of the Horseclans

by Robert Adams

Started: Dec. 4
Finished: Dec. 8

Notes: Having just finished the first novel in this series, I thought I'd plunge into the second.

Mini review: This book was quite a bit different than the first one, which was a nice surprise as in my experience series novels tend to have the same plots over and over again. While the first book in this series was mostly Sword & Sorcery with bits of warfare, this second book was almost entirely fantasy warfare. In fact, most of the book is about High Lord Milo either fighting battles, having his officers fight battles, or political intrigue which either destroyed enemies or made friends out of enemies. I didn't care for this book as much as the first one, mostly because there seemed long passages of history and exposition, but it was still nice to see familiar names and to read of events following that first novel. Will I continued this series? Not now, no, mainly because I have no other books in the series, but I might well return if I run across more of these books.

No comments: