Thursday, February 23, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 16 - World Without End

by Ken Follett

Started: February 23
Finished: March 6

Notes: I'll probably be at this one for awhile as it's a massive tome of more than 1,000 pages and the type is quite small. This is a sequel of sorts to an earlier medieval novel, Pillars of the Earth, which I read and thoroughly enjoyed upon it's publication more than 20 years ago. World Without End takes place in the 1300s, about 200 years after the events of Pillars of the Earth.

Mini review: This one didn't take me as long to read as I expected. Why? Because it's a damn good novel that sucks you in! Truly some of the best historical fiction writing I've seen of recent years. The style is quite modern, full of intrigue and mostly fast-paced, but also included is enough history and education to please the scholars among us.

No comments: