Sunday, November 04, 2012

Books read in 2012: No. 87 -- And Then There Were None

by Agatha Christie

Started: Nov. 4
Finished: Nov. 5

Amazon link: AND THEN THERE WERE NONE

Notes: I'm not exactly the biggest Agatha Christie fan, though I don't disparage her works, but I've not read anything of hers in decades. I was thinking it time I gave her another shot, especially as I've found different writers strike me differently when I am at different ages. Make sense?

Mini review: I nice, fun, little read that was fast and enjoyable. Pure bubblegum reading that allows one to enjoy it without thinking too much. Trying to figure out the actual villain is practically impossible. But then, I've read somewhere that Christie used to write her stories and not decide upon the villain until the end, reworking the tale if she had to. This approach makes sense to me, at least for this tale, as it seemed kind of obvious that that was what the writer did. Or, at least it seemed to me that that was how this story was written.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I think this may be the only one I read. I need to check my lists.

Sure wish they'd make these capchta phrases readable. 4th attempt at this post.