Sunday, January 06, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 2 -- The Wolf & The Magic

by Damien Richard

Started: Jan. 5
Finished: Jan. 6

Amazon link: The Wolf and The Magic (A Wizard's Creation Story - John Patterton)

Notes: The author and I have been in off-and-on correspondence over the last few years, e-mailing one another back and forth, yet I had never read any of his longer fiction. So, when I saw he had this new novella out, I thought I'd give it a try. Apparently it's the first in a series, and it's about a city guy who vacations in the country and runs into some trouble too big for him to sink his teeth into. Though it might sink it's teeth back into him. Heh heh.

Mini review: Quite the nice action scene toward the end of this one, and a good, though tragic, opening tale to a longer series. This little story takes the reader for ride, too. At first it seems like horror, then it shifts to almost paranormal romance, then in the end ... well, I don't want to spoil anything. Let's just say you never know quite what to expect, which isn't a bad thing, in my opinion.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I like the unpredictable.