Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 33 -- Your Path to Publication

by Kim Wright

Started: June 29
Finished: July 3

Notes: From time to time I like to check out another writer's book or e-book concerning writing and publishing. This time I'm turning to Kim Wright, who has penned literary work as well as mystery and fantasy material, and she has been traditionally published while also working in independent publishing, something I can respect.

Mini review: I wouldn't say this book is necessarily outdated, because it does mention indie publishing and e-books, but it leans heavily toward traditional publishing and somewhat toward more literary or mainstream fiction. The advice here is solid, nothing with which I was unfamiliar yet helpful for beginners. The author has a nice, clear writing voice. Keep in mind, the focus here is on publishing, not writing, so don't expect advice on the craft. However, there is plenty of information and advice about agents, contracts, writing conferences, etc.

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

it's a brave new world of publishing out there. I'm more interested in craft books these days.