Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Books read in 2013: No. 34 -- Days of Beer: A Memoir of a Beer Drinkin' Man

by Charles Gramlich

Started: July 3
Finished: July 3

Notes: Just in time for the July 4 holiday, it's an e-book about beer! I love beer, especially quality beer, though I don't get to drink it as much as I'd like for health reasons. Also, I like Gramlich's writing, and I like stories about beer. So, this was a natural.

Mini review: This was just a fun read. Though the author appears to be about 10 years older than myself, many of his youthful, beer-guzzling tales of growing up in Arkansas reminded my of my own youthful, beer-guzzling days growing up in Kentucky. Since those days I have become a beer snob, preferring higher quality brews mostly from England or Belgium (German beers are over rated, in my opinion), but I still wouldn't turn down a cold PBR on a hot day.

No comments: