Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Beer of the Week special: Woodford Reserve bourbon

Bourbon score: 10.0

Company: Woodford Reserve Distillery

Though I don't live there nowadays, I was brought up in bourbon territory of central Kentucky. Unfortunately for my much younger self, Woodford Reserve bourbon wasn't around back then, this fine drink not being introduced until 1996 out of Woodford County, Kentucky.

Despite growing up where this stuff is now distilled, and where a bunch of other bourbons are made, I don't know as much about bourbon as I do beer. But I still know what I like.

And I like this stuff.

No, no, that's not correct. I love this stuff.

I'm not going to say Woodford Reserve is necessarily the best-tasting bourbon out there, because I'm sure there are several higher-priced bourbons out there that could be considered better, but all in all, taking in taste and texture and price and everything else, I have to say Woodford Reserve is by far the best all-around bourbon out there. Without modesty, I can say Woodford Reserve is definitely better than any other premium bourbon or whiskey I've tasted in my 50 years.

As one might expect, it has a kick, but not so much as to ruin the drinker's experience. It goes down fairly smooth and in the scent and taste there are hints of honey, smoke, vanilla, rye, and so much more.

If you like a good stiff drink from time to time, you deserve it for yourself to head out and purchase a bottle of Woodford Reserve.

No comments: