Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 14 -- The Second Book of the Kings

published by Zondervan

Started: March 15
Finished: March 17

Notes: As I've just finished The First Book of the Kings, I decided to read The Second Book of the Kings.

Mini review: Here continues the history of a long list of kings of Israel and Judah, the majority who are considered evil and sinning before God, mostly through idolatry but also through many other crimes. A few of these kings are good in God's eyes, but very few. After years and years of living with the sins of Israel and Judah, God eventually allows the Babylonians to basically destroy the temple and much of Jerusalem while killing or taking away the leaders of Israel and Judah to keep as exiles.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Succinct summary! Working your way through the bible?

Ty said...

Yes, slowly making my way through the Bible. I've read it all before, but it's been a long time, and it seemed to me the same books are covered time and time again at church and in Bible studies with some books being practically ignored. I wanted to read the whole thing again at least once in this lifetime.