Sunday, March 21, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 15 -- Spooky Southwest

by S.E. Schlosser

Started: March 16
Finished: March 20

Notes: Somewhat sadly, this is the last of the books I purchased during a cross-country road trip nearly three years ago. This one is a series with other books in the series being based in other parts of the country than the Southwest, so if I enjoy this one enough there's still plenty of others to read.

Mini review: Ghosts abound here, the devil makes a few appearances, there are some witches and even a vampire, but all in all I didn't find these stories all that spooky, more like light folk tales. It was really more how the stories were told, in a rated G or maybe PG style, and there's nothing wrong with that, it just wasn't for me. I prefer my spooky stories a bit darker, but that's fine because not everything has to be for me. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who would enjoy these tales more than myself.

No comments: