Thursday, November 04, 2021

Books read in 2021: No. 38 -- The Book of Job

published by Zondervan

Started: Nov. 2
Finished: Nov. 4

Notes: I have to say, I'm excited about this one. Job is one of the most interesting books of the Bible, and one of the more complex. I've read it in whole or in part numerous times over the years, and always take away something new from it. Also, many Biblical scholars believe it to be the oldest book of the Bible, written even before the works of Moses, and I find that intriguing.


Mini review: As I said, I always see something new when I read this book. This time, though I recognize God's words to Job can seem harsh (and God never really answers Job's questions), I have to wonder if God was speaking like a scolding parent to a child, that God spoke harshly in order to warn Job of the dangers of questioning God. Maybe, maybe not, but that's what came to my mind this time.

No comments: