Monday, February 28, 2022

Beer of the Week: Petty Thieves Knee High

Beer score: 7.2

Company: Petty Thieves Brewing Co.
ABV: 11.0
IBU: NA

Anyone who drinks beer with me will know that IPAs are not one of my favorite brews, mainly because I often find them too sour and even skunky.

This one is an exception. I still won't claim it as a favorite, but it's a pretty good beer, especially for an IPA.

Quite smooth with a frothy head, hints of citrus tingle the nose as you bring the glass up for a drink. The taste is quite similar, smooth and froth with the barest touch of citrus. The bitterness here is quite strong and grows stronger the more you drink, but not in a burnt way as with darker beers.

The alcohol content is a little high and this one seems heavy on my stomach, so I'm not sure I'd want to drink more than one at a time, at least at while out on the town.

Worth trying.

No comments: