Monday, February 21, 2022

Beer of the Week: Petty Thieves Setting Fire to the Bones of Our Idols


Beer score: 8.3

Company: Petty Thieves Brewing Co.
ABV: 5.8
IBU: 20

Is that a name for a beer or what?

I've had a couple of Petty Thieves beers before now, and I have to say with this one they keep getting better and better.

I swear I thought I caught a hint of bacon in the scent of this one, but that's probably the smokiness added, because this is labeled a "smoked amber lager," which seems appropriate.

The texture is smooth with a touch of froth and next to no fizz, and the taste is about as perfect as an amber lager can get. However, I might think this one is a little dark for a traditional amber lager, definitely for any of the so-called "red" beers. But that's not a bad thing.

The smokiness is there in the tasting, but it's more of an aftertaste and not overpowering, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Would I drink this again? Uh, hell, yeah!

No comments: