Monday, April 11, 2022

Books read in 2022: No. 11 -- The Sticklepath Strangler

by Michael Jecks

Started: April 4
Finished: April 11

Notes: A serial killer loose in 14th-Century England? That sounds like an interesting tale to me!

Mini review: This one wasn't bad. Not a lot of action throughout until the end, but I was never bored. The village around which the murders take place remind me somewhat of a Stephen King small town in Maine, except here it's England in 1322, meaning everybody in the village has all kinds of dark secrets. As can be expected from a mystery novel, all is revealed in the end, but I have to say I was truly surprised by the ending here because of all the possible suspects, I never guessed at the actual killer. I'd be willing to give this author another read at some point.

No comments: