Monday, December 19, 2022

Beer of the Week: Harp Lager

Beer score: 8.3

Company: Guinness
ABV: 4.5
IBU: 21

This is an old favorite, though in recent years I've found it more difficult to find.

Pours a light honey color, so light it could be called a "straw" color. Not strong in the scent department, but gives off hints of yeast and bread.

Has a sweetness to it that grows the more you drink, but not really to the point of annoyance. Tastes fantastic, though has a little too much fizz for my liking.

Like many beers, better off the tap than out of the bottle.

Also, I've talked with enough other drinkers of this lager to have heard more than a few experiences which differed from my own, some claiming this beer is weak and watery. Maybe I just have bad taste, or perhaps one can't always trust this beer, that perhaps the quality level varies due to mass production and shipment. All I can add is that every time I've had a Harp Lager, I've enjoyed it.

No comments: