Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Beer of the Week: Foothills Carolina Blonde

Beer score: 7.8

Company: Foothills Brewing
ABV: 4.3
IBU: 15

It's been far too long, weeks, since I've had any really good beer, so I was pleased to try this one. Again. Because I first had it on tap a couple of months ago at the North Carolina Renaissance Festival.

This one poured a light golden color with a touch of haze while giving off scents of wheaty bread and maybe a little orange or some other kind of citrus fruit.

There was a nice foamy head, but not too much, and the texture in the mouth was smooth but crisp.

The taste continues that light mixture of wheat with orange, and I enjoyed it first on a hot day.

I could see this one becoming a regular drinking beer, it's that good, and it's light enough without being too light ... if that makes sense ... meaning it has enough weightiness to it to fill you up but not make you feel bloated ... again, if that makes sense.

No comments: